Digital technology is bringing about sweeping changes to the marketing landscape; this is evident from the way industry professionals allocate budgets dedicated to promoting their brands. According to a study from marketing optimization firm ThinkVine, more than 50% of marketing leaders are willing to spend more on digital marketing initiatives than on traditional advertising formats over the next two years.
Before businesses throw all their efforts and money into digital marketing projects, they need to consider the right and ways to reach their audience via online channels. ThinkVine’s CEO Mark Battaglia outlined a few tips in an interview with Business News Daily, and we’ve listed some below:
1. Right: Developing a balanced strategy rather than spending all your resources on digital chanhttp://www.vigoratedigital.com/solutions/solutionsnels. It is important for companies to be aware of their audience’s behaviour and the way they use different types of media. There is no one-size-fits-all approach for the various mediums employed to interact with users, so getting to know your audience initially is the first step in the process of grabbing their attention and building strategies based on these insights.
2. Wrong: Too much information. Companies strive to collect a lot of consumer data, but many of them don’t know how to use it. Without a plan in place as to how this data will be used, marketers will fail to add value to their marketing strategy. Brands need to ensure that the data they collect solves their business issues and not just collect it because it’s there.
3. Right: Content is king – but only if you can handle it. Many companies create unique content as part of their marketing campaigns and their efforts are often crowned with success, but brands should also keep in mind that content marketing requires many, many people to make it work properly, including whole advertorial and content marketing teams. Among the barriers encountered by teams dealing with content marketing is ensuring that their content is truly relevant. In order to create attractive content, brands need to know their audience first.
4. Wrong: Ignoring the power of mobile. This one should not be underestimated, because mobile is the future. Yet, there is still a large portion of companies that do not invest in mobile, ignoring the fact that people today spend a lot time on their smartphones. Brands need to begin experimenting in mobile marketing in order to appeal to their audience, rather than avoid it altogether.
5. Wrong: Taking re-targeting too far. Sure, re-targeting customers is an effective tactic, but there are certain users who find it annoying. This approach should be used in moderation and only when a brand is already drawing customers to its website.
Posted April 13, 2016
Posted September 15, 2016
Posted December 10, 2014